Homeowners, retailers, big-box stores, educational and medical facilities are choosing polished concrete for their floor finish because of the competitive advantage polished flooring offers over other types of floor coverings. Decorative concrete in the form of polished floors has become the logical choice because of the great value it delivers, and because it can compete aesthetically as well.
Because polishing is a multi-step process, homeowners and business owners can choose the level of sheen from stain to high-gloss that meets their maintenance and aesthetic requirements. This versatility makes polished concrete an ideal flooring material for a variety of applications.
Residential Polished Floor Benefits
- Cost savings: Traditional floor covering materials are not necessary when the slab on grade is used as the finished floor surface
- Longer life-cycle savings: Polished floors are not as vulnerable to damage as other materials and do not need replacing
- Easy to clean: Won’t harbor dust, dirt, allergens
- Available in wide variety of colors and designs
Commercial and Retail Polished Floor Benefits:
- Cost savings: Using the slab on grade as the finished floor surface is more cost effective, maintenance costs are lower
- More resistant to high foot traffic. A grocer in Tennessee explains that he is able to maintain primarily just the traffic ways within his store, which saves time and money because he does not have to move large display cases to wax and strip the floor.
- Less maintenance and longer service life: Polished floors are easy to clean, requiring only occasional damp mopping. They also eliminate the need for messy waxes or coatings as well as the associated labor, time, and expense to apply them. The glossy surface of polished concrete resists the marks of forklift truck tires and staining from oil and chemical spills.
Every job presents a new challenge and this one was no different! After driving down a half mile of dirt…Read More